Medway Parents and Carers Forum
The Medway Parents and Carers Forum is a group formed to help bring together the parents, families and carers of children and young people with a variety of additional needs to have a voice within Medway. The forum is run by parents for parents, with support from Contact, Medway Council and other organisations.
- To have a collective voice around common issues.
- To work in partnership with those who provide services and support.
- To raise awareness of what support /services are needed.
- To raise awareness of issues faced by our children.
- To share experience and knowledge.
- To give feedback.
- To ensure that the future for our children is a good one.
To achieve these aims we need your support, our strength and effectiveness relies upon your opinions and viewpoints.
All parents and carers of disabled children and young people are automatically members. To be involved, or if you would like more information, please contact us. There is no charge for our service and no commitment, except to receive occasional communications from us about what is happening in our local area, with opportunities to express your views on a variety of topics (eg, short breaks, transition, school transport, therapy services, etc) at whatever level you wish.
What the Forum can’t do
is tackle individual issues, it can only deal with issues that affect a number of people.